The treatments that we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Education
Your Physical Therapist will explain what’s going on and why. Your therapist will set up a prevention program so your injury doesn’t occur again, giving you ways to avoid further injuries and how to strengthen and increase flexibility.
- Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilizations We combine soft tissue work such as massage with contract/relax, myofascial release, and joint mobilizations to create a program specifically tailored for your injury and needs.
- Individualized Therapeutic Exercise Programs We evaluate YOUR needs and develop a specific program that is customized to your injury and your level of rehabilitation needs. It is YOUR OWN SPECIFIC PROGRAM.
- Gait Training We help you walk or run again with proper function. We address balance, body mechanics, proprioception, plyometrics, and anything else all needed to bring you back to your best mobility.
- Neuromuscular Re-Education Neuromuscular Re-Education helps damaged muscles or nerves slow down degeneration and work again. We use electrical devices and biofeedback to assist in the process.
- Pre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation We have been treating post surgery patients since 1981. Our experience allows us to help you avoid surgeries if possible. If you do need surgery, we have the knowledge to help you get back to a successful level of activity. Our experience is unsurpassed in Salinas ranging from Spinal surgeries, Rotator Cuff surgeries, and total joints including elbows, hands, hip, knees, ankles, and feet. We have rehabilitated them all.
- Biofeedback Biofeedback is used to help re-train a muscle to get the most function out of it and enhance performance. Biofeedback is also used to decrease tension, tightness, and for muscles to learn to relax.
- Modalities Modalities are types of deep heat, electricity or laser lights that are not available to the public. They are licensed technologies issued by State and Federal governments to enhance healing. Modalities get you better faster and help promote healing. Types of Modalities that we employ are:
- Ultrasound The deepest heat used on humans; selectively heats tendons and pain nerve tissue. Allows for increased stretching, decreased pain, and helps tissue with healing.
- Electrical StimulationUsed to increase circulation, muscle re-education, and pain reduction.
- SWD DiathermyDeep heat unavailable to the general public that generates new tissue growth and repairs injured tissue.
- Jobst / Game ReadyUses compression and cold to decrease swelling and decrease pain.
- Paraffin BathUsed for arthritis; especially of the hands.
- TractionHelps with decompression of the spine. Helps decrease pressure to nerves that are impinged and stretches soft tissue (tight muscles) used in the neck and low back.
- Home Exercise ProgramsSpecific individualized exercises or stretching programs for your own personal needs.
- Cold Laser/Low Level Laser Therapy
- Biofeedback for relaxation programs
- Stress Management
- Personal Trainer